Thursday, December 7, 2006

O Christmas Tree!

Last night David and I finally had a few extra minutes to buy this year's Christmas Tree! I can get a bit intense around this time of year. I had a Dec. 1st deadline for getting the tree, but we didn't make it. Mainly my own fault as I enjoy spending 15 hours a week commuting. But when I'm not cheerfully hanging out on the bus for fun, I'm milking every little minute out of Christmastime I can. Last year, our obscenely fat tree stayed up until February, despite the annoyance that it would break skin whenever anyone made physical contact with it. But it didn't matter; it still looked alive, which was enough for me. So there it stayed.

This year, "the plan" was to pick out our tree during daylight hours to get a better sense of size and proportion, but that wasn't going to happen. So after GNY's Annual Luncheon and before Montclair band practice and shopping, we ventured over to Stony Point's Fire House where they seemed to have a good selection. I followed David's lead in choosing our tree since I was responsible for last year's, which I thought was beautiful, even if it was enormous and freakishly fat (the look on people's faces as they searched for what to say was classic).

Unfortunately, my perfectionist side tends to rear its ugly head when it comes time to setting up the tree. Therefore, I plead the 5th.

I also won't get into the oddity of our neighbor's guests parking in the middle of our shared driveway so that no one can come or go. What is that? Sheer laziness to walk 5 more feet? I liked being asked, "oh do we need to move?" Uhhhmm noo... my go-go gadget equipped Escape can handle it. Oh and please don't rush! Me, David and the 9 foot tree - we'll just wait by the curb for 15 minutes while you say your good-byes.

Anyway, when you look at our tree look in the right-hand corner. See the penguins (coolest thing ever... thanks mom!)? Do you see the resemblance? It's uncanny, but not intentional. Right now the tree looks a little... bent... but once it opens up it will be… perfect.

Click here and watch the penguins in action




























1 comment:

Caryn said...

Hey Jenn! Welcome to the world of Blogger. Aren't you glad we're past the Frankenstein and Jane Eyre days and writing is back to just being fun again?